This yeast free bread gets its rise from apple cider vinegar mixed with baking soda and baking powder. The raisins give it a nice texture and a little bit of sweetness. This healthy soda bread is a delicious and healthy alternative to the real thing!
- 1 bag of Hannah's Healthy Cookie Mix
- ⅓ cup of golden raisins
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- pinch of caraway seeds (optional)
- Preheat to 350.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the baking mix, raisins and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, apple cider vinegar and maple syrup.
- Using a spatula, mix the wet into the dry until combined.
- Pour into a greased pie dish, or 8 inch round baking pan.
- Using a knife, score top of the dough in the shape of a cross.
- Sprinkle caraway seeds on top, if using.
- Bake for 20-23 minutes.
Share this post
- Tags: irish soda bread